Director Strategic Analytics, DRAFTFCB München GmbH, Germany
Principal Statistician, Industrial Statistics Research Unit, School of Maths and Statistics, Newcastle University, UK
A Practical Guide to Data Mining for Business and Industry presents a user friendly approach to data mining methods and provides a solid foundation for their applications. This book is designed so that the reader can cross-reference a particular application or method to sectors of interest. The necessary basic knowledge of data mining methods is also presented, along with sector issues relating to data mining and its various applications.
A Practical Guide to Data Mining for Business and Industry:
- Equips readers with e a solid foundation to both data mining and its applications
- Provides tried and tested guidance in defining workable solutions to typical business problems
- Offers solution patterns for common business problems that can be adapted by the reader to their particular areas of interest
- Focuses on practical solutions whilst providing grounding in statistical practice
- Explores data mining in a sales and marketing context, as well as quality management and medicine
- Is supported by a supplementary website (www.wiley.com/go/data_mining) featuring datasets and solutions
Aimed at statisticians, computer scientists and economists involved in data mining as well as students studying economics, business administration and internal marketing.
Data Mining Methods, Data Mining Applications, practical Data Mining Solutions, statistical practice